Medical Device Marketing StrategyMedical device marketing strategy work includes product positioning, portfolio differentiation, competitive assessments, market segmentation, customer awareness, and loyalty-building programs. I will share some examples and advice on this page.
It's tempting to be all things to all people. A number of times in my career, I've seen marketing managers afraid to compare their products to others in the company's portfolio.
That was the case for three ECG products sold by my former company. With my help we developed a good-better-best messaging to support the product line.
Two of this site's most popular blog posts pertain to medical device marketing strategy and positioning. I refer most clients to them before we begin to work together.
Younger organizations may need assistance with their positioning, website development, and distribution strategies. Established organizations may want refreshed customer-facing communications. Medical Marcom can work directly with your subject matter experts and design teams. We write compelling copy for brochures, web pages, blog posts, public and investor relations, and for social media consumption.
Medical Device Marketing: Communication
- Marketing communication: I wrote or edited almost every RBC Medical Innovations website page.
- Website development: As Director of Marketing Communications, I was the project lead on the Cardiac Science website, which we built from scratch. Other work samples include Alltech Medical Systems USA, AcceleDent, BioLife Solutions, MedicalExaminationGloves.com, Medical Devices Group, no2point3, and this site.
- Ads: I conceived and wrote advertisements for 15 medical device products in multiple segments. I’m particularly fond of these ads for Powerheart, Pyramis and Q-Tel.
- Videos: We handle cinematography, on-air talent, location, props, scripts, editing, and final production. See the profile of a 16yo girl resuscitated by a Cardiac Science AED (now more than 14,000 YouTube views).
- Blogs: I blog for Medical Marcom and MedicalDevicesGroup.net and cover marketing topics and medical device topics equally. I write for the Medical Devices Group on LinkedIn, the world's largest online medical device community and, if it makes sense for everyone, could include your message there.
- Brochures: Who We Are. What We Do. was due two months after I arrived (and all I remembered from sixth grade science was "aorta" and "ventricle"). Many of these resources too: Cardiac Science Library.