How secure is your site?
Apparently, India-based medical device marketer DyAnsys is not very secure at all. (See DyAnsys’ embarrassing hack job in this 42-second video – and our limited offer at the bottom of this post.)
A simple visit to his current site (as of August 23, 2011) screams, “I need a makeover!”
Where to begin?
- Hacked! It’s not a secure site.
- Unmeasured. No Google Analytics. No idea how much traffic he gets.
- Constricted. The site was built back when monitors were “this small.” He has much more real estate he can use now.
- Navigation. Users expect primary navigation to be set across toward the top of the page.
- Forgotten. The copyright on the bottom on the bottom says “2009.” That says, “We haven’t cared for at least two years now!”
- Cheap. This company advertises a clickable “Site designed by Uditi Technologies” on the homepage! (Doesn’t even look as though that company is still in business!)
- Scrolling. The scrolling text (header and right side) are hard to read and unclickable.
I contacted the CEO via LinkedIn.
“Thanks for the info. I need to tell you:
1. Our website is about 7 years old and we have only maintained it for accuracy of content.
2. Our company has lots of new things going on, so we are embarking on a new redesign.
3. The website is all done in India by a website design company and hosted on a server over there. The Indian subsidiary of Ogilvy is our marketing agency and they involve Ogilvy in other countries as we need them.
It will be good to get some feedback as we get started.”
Limited Offer: Your Site Security
Marketing Medical Devices is hard enough without getting your medical device site HACKED!
How secure is your site against hacking? When’s the last time you checked?
Contact me and members of my extended team will give a no-obligation evaluation to the first five responders.
Secure your site. Contact me now: Seriously, will only do the free website security review for the first five responders.