All subscribers are equal, but some subscribers are more equal than others.
– Joe Hage
Journeyfolk like you are my favorite because you expressed an interest in my specialty, medical device marketing strategy and communication. The first 52 Journeys came weekly.
Then less frequently.
It’s been two months since I last wrote you.
And I now recognize the pattern.
A pattern developed.
I love writing you. I do. Here was my process:
- Collect. Keep observations in a folder for later development. ????
- Filter. Decide, Is this Journey worthy?
- Provoke. Find the perfect headline using Headline Analyzer, reiterating until I got a 70 or higher score. Today’s headline, “I see a pattern developing here – and it’s not just me,” got a 73. It was my ninth try.
- Search. For the right image to represent the post. I found this pattern for free on Pixabay.
Then I ended up not using it.
- Embellish. Will videos help tell the story? Sometimes the native file is on YouTube, other times on Wistia. (Wistia vs. YouTube.) How about an emoji from emojipedia? ????
- Yoast. The Yoast plug-in is where I prepare the social share.
Then I changed all that, too.
- Preview. Is everything perfect? No? Go back to step 5. Yes? Publish! ????
- Check. Once published, I use the LinkedIn Post Inspector to see how the story will appear when I share the link. (I might have to revisit steps 6+8.)
That’s what I ended up going with.
That was a bad pattern.
10 steps where one step will do?
That’s a bad pattern – and not just for me. For you, too.
I’m making a change that will DECREASE the time I spend creating content and INCREASE the effectiveness and efficiency of educating and serving you.
I’ll explain it in a moment. But, first, what just happened (it’s 10 a.m. Tuesday) is a PERFECT ILLUSTRATION of the benefit.
- My designer Antonio sent me early concepts for an updated homepage.
- We jumped on a quick call. I recorded it.
- I shared it on MDG Premium with zero editing. You can see how I do what I do.
I would never have made a Journey out of it.
That post took me five minutes. This post is already 5+ hours. In fact, I wanted to send it to you yesterday to give you more time to get in at the lower price.
So what is MDG Premium?
Technology has given us a big opportunity here. I’m excited about it!
It’s given us a more scalable and practical way to give you advice, resources, and access to my network.
If you know Slack: MDG Premium is a workspace I created to serve the medical device industry. I invited my closest advisors – the folks I ask when I have a question or someone asks for a recommendation – to join the workspace as experts.
Each has a #channel they manage and (of course) you can contact them via direct message. In effect, my team is just a message away.
I priced it at $39/month (free trial and half price until the official launch) so even the smallest outfit (which, arguably needs it most) can painlessly join.
If you don’t yet know Slack: Let me say I believe “Slack 2019” is to virtual collaboration what “Facebook 2007” was to social networking.
If you have a few good years of work ahead of you, and you haven’t joined Slack yet, you will. It’s just a matter of when.
I made you this introductory video. It’s just 2½-minutes long.
What The World Needs Now
Is Love Sweet Love – and MDG Premium.
MDG Premium the most efficient way to communicate freely, securely, and across companies – and continents! – with clients, followers, and subscribers.
Perhaps this exchange, also this morning, even better illustrates the benefit.
I didn’t even know Phil last week!
Six extra benefits.
Click here for details about them.
Quickly, they are:
- Efficient collaboration with my network.
- A directory of everyone on the platform.
- Timely updates available nowhere else.
- Weekly team meetings – face-to-face with me and guest experts.
- Watercooler conversation (see the site).
- 10% off every live MDG event we host, including 10x Medical Device Conferences.
Please join me on MDG Premium.
The Journey was wonderful.
It was precisely what I needed after my Marketing Midlife Crisis.
MDG Premium is what I – and you – need today.
Please join me? Say yes before October 22 and take half off the $39/month price. Your price will $19/month and you’ll be grandfathered in at that rate, as long as your account stays in good standing.
There’s a free trial; cancel if you’re not delighted.
I’m excited about this next chapter in our relationship and chatting with you more often.
Thank you for joining me on
The Journey MDG Premium!
P.S. Early response to MDG Premium has been very encouraging. Please, take the free trial and check it out.