Editorial note: This is a guest post from contributor Don Poe, CEO of People Productions Media Services, based out of Colorado. I completely buy into his message so am sharing it with you here. Enjoy.
Growing up, your brother persuaded you to try skateboarding. In college, you saw a movie because your dorm mate said it was incredible. And as an adult, you go with the same brand of car as your co-worker because she told you how great it is.
Even in the medical device and scientific industry, we’re influenced by others’ opinions. It’s how relationships and trust are built in business to business marketing. So how can your company benefit from the opinions of the professionals who use your products and the people who ultimately benefit from it? Take a look at video testimonials.
Relatable, real, personal
Simply posting content heavy PDFs or blogs no longer works. People no longer act on the written word solely. You have to create a connection with them, one that touches their hearts and minds. Most importantly, you need to connect with the essence of human behavior. You have to engage people and inspired them to act.
Candid professional or patient video testimonials do just that.
Here are some interesting facts:
• Nearly 75% of people say reviews help them trust a business. [source: BrightLocal]
• Online reviews are trusted as much as personal recommendations by nearly 90%. [source: BrightLocal]
• Companies using video have 41% more web traffic from search, and repeat visitors improve SEO ranking. [source: Small Biz Trends]
• 95% of a message is retained by a video viewer (only 10% for reading). [source: Insivia]
• Companies grow their revenue about 50% more quickly using video for marketing than others. [source: MediaPost]
The word of an outsider telling how your product solved their issue can help convince a prospect to become a client. Testimonials establish trust by showing relatable, real, and personal outcomes. They create a connection that turns a prospect into a purchaser.
But how do you create a strong testimonial video? And how do you do it on a budget?
Who’s your champion?
The right customers, patients, or key opinion leaders make a huge impact when it comes to video testimonials. Here are a few tips to find them, and how to do it simply.
1. Your sales reps. Hit up your team. They’re your company’s primary contact with your clients. They know the distinct stories, know which client had a specific challenge that your product help them overcome. They can help you identify individuals with powerful testimonials.
2. Industry events. Is your annual sales conference just around the corner? Or an industry awards ceremony? Events bring key opinion leaders together, saving you the travel cost and time. With multiple advocates in one place, you can capture several video testimonials easily.
3. Print to video. White papers, case studies, and client quotes on your website. The content already exists.. Now make it engaging. Upgrade to video testimonials.
Connect, engage, and inspire. Successful B2B marketing communication is more than just stating facts. It’s about creating a person to person connection. Video testimonials can help you do just that.
The team at People Productions can help you create a compelling video testimonials. They have other tips to help you make a testimonial affordably and quickly. Here’s a sample reel, and thanks for reading.